New Jersey DMV
In the state of New Jersey the agency entitled to solve issues related to vehicle registration, titling, license plates and all other matters of this kind is the Commission of Motor Vehicles (CMV). This agency has various offices throughout the state that generally work Monday through Friday, from 8:00 to 5:00 pm, legal holidays being the exception. But still, these offices won’t spare you from all dull government bureaucracy and time wasting. In order to avoid all the queuing and hassle, follow the links that we offer here, read the relevant info and contacts, and thus solve your vehicle matters in no time.
MVC offices and their locations
The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has offices located in all counties throughout the State. If you want to find the nearest offices by county click here, and if you want to find out more about their duties read below:
- Regional Service Centers deal with issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. Schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here too, but keep in mind that road tests are performed only at road test facilities.
- Agencies handle titles, registration, licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, even though road tests are performed only at road test facilities..
- Driver Testing Facilities provide driver vision and knowledge testing services. You can also schedule a road test at these facilities, but the actual road test must take place at a road test facility. Driver testing facilities are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Road Test Facilities Having passed the vision and knowledge tests, you can schedule a road test, either online or at a Driver Testing Facility or Regional Service Center.
- State Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. But you can also get your vehicle inspected at a Private Inspection Facility.
Important: Operating hours and working hours vary from office to office, so please make sure you know the timings before heading to your preferred location. Most of them are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Make an appointment
To schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment, or reschedule an existing appointment at https://njmvcscheduling.state.nj.us/tc/driverlogin.do?url=njmvdtclient.
- Schedule a vehicle inspection online at http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Inspections/inspection_schedule_page.htm.
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services:
- Driver Licensing & Title/Registration In-State: (888) 486-3339
- Out-of-State: (609) 292-6500
- Government Website: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/.
More useful info
When it comes to dealing with vehicle issues fast and easy you need to go to the best private DMV web at http://www.dmv.com/ and check out its rich and easy-to-use guide at http://www.dmv.com/nj-new-jersey.